|Can you hear.. the voice of animals?
Although we have a so-called "pet boom" in Japan, it is said
that the number of the dogs and cats captured at the public animal protection
centers due to owners' carelessness, irrisponsibility or egoistic selfishness
is 800,000-900,000. Quite very few of them can return to their owners or
find new adoption families. Most of them will be either used for animal
experiments or killed - not an easy and painless death (carbonic acid gass
and burned even still alive) - their lives are taken away, no way to get
out of it for them.
The environment that human being and animals can live together
SALA (Save Animals Love Animals) NETWORK is the group of people who desire
to reduce the number of unhappy dogs and cats and to live together with
The animals are also our friends who share the society, the earth and
the space with us. It should be the base for creating the environment that
all lives can live together if we respect our friends' lives, ptotect their
right to live, think over the human-dominated daily life again and cultivate
sentiment of sympathy for the weak.
|Objectives of SALA's activities
- Persuade the administration offices and promote adoption and foster family
system for the dogs and the cats captured at the public animal shelters
who were lost or abandoned.
- Carry out protection and adoption family finding activities for dogs and
cats as much as we can.
- Promote and enlighten people on neutering and spaying operations in order
not to make unhappy lives.
- Request the administration offices for the improvement of public animal
shelters management and systems.
- Encourage permission to live with animals at collective residence/apartments.
-Thoroughness of owners' moral and appropriate care of the animals.-
- Appeal for the installation of "dog parks" where people can enjoy
playing with dogs.
-Appeal for the owners' moral improvement and proper care/training of the
- Train candidate dogs among the rescued dogs to be assistance dogs and hearing
dogs, and establish a caring house for the retired assistance and hearing
- Rearing of the junior members who aim at the animal protection from their
- The establishment of "SALA DOG HOME", an animal protection house,
financially self-operated by SALA.
- The establishment of 'SALA HOME' where the aged people can live together
with dogs, cats and children.
- Hold "dog training classes" with close communications with the
local areas and promote appropriate dog care and training.
- Firm establishment of neutering and spaying operations subsidy system and
suggestion on improvements, etc.